Preserve® CA (Decay & Termite Resistant)
Preserve® is a family of soluble copper-based preservative solutions for exterior wood products that provides long-term protection from fungal decay and termite attack for a wide variety of residential, commercial and agricultural construction applications. In each Preserve® solution, the soluble copper provides most of the protection to the wood, and the co-biocides complete the formulation by adding the protection against the copper-tolerant fungi. Soluble copper is very effective in penetrating the cells in the wood fiber during the pressure-treatment process, providing for optimum long-term protection.
The Copper Azole (CA type C) variety of Preserve® used by Sunbelt is a wood preservative formulation made of soluble copper and uses organic triazoles (tebuconazole and propiconazole) as the co-biocide to control copper-tolerant fungi.
- Products are durable and designed for outdoor construction.
- An effective and widely used alternative to traditional pressure treated lumber.
- US Lifetime Residential and Agricultural Limited Warranty against structural damage caused by decay and termites. See the warranty for specific provisions.
- For structural lumber, sill plates, patios, decks, garden edging, and landscaping structures.
- Building code compliant. ICC – ES Report, ESR-1980.
Fastener and Hardware Information
- Use corrosion-resistant fasteners. CA preserved wood products are designed for long-term performance in outdoor applications and, therefore, require high quality, corrosion-resistant nails, screws, and hardware.
- Fasteners (and other metal products) for use with CA preserved wood products include Hot-Dip Galvanized and Stainless Steel. Aluminum should not be used in direct contact with CA treated wood.