Preserve® PLUS® CA
(Decay, Termite & Water Resistance)
Sunbelt’s Preserve® PLUS® treated wood is protected against decay and termites with Copper Azole (CA), a wood preservative formulation made of soluble copper combined with built-in water repellent protection. Preserve® PLUS® is suited for outdoor building projects in residential, commercial and industrial applications where appearance is important and protection from the effects of weathering is a priority. It has water repellent plus CA preservative protection that is pressure treated deep to the heart of the wood, unlike brush-on applications that only protect the surface of the wood. Preserve® PLUS® provides long-lasting protection against the effects of weathering.
- Built-in long lasting water repellent plus CA preservative protection
- Does not contain arsenic or chromium
- Long-term protection against decay and termite attack
- Improved weathering characteristics
- Improved fastener performance
- Easy to work with and easily painted and stained with oil-borne systems
- Features a lifetime limited warranty
- Produced under third party independent inspection
Painting and Staining or Natural Weathering
Preserve® PLUS® can be painted or stained to match any outdoor color scheme. High quality oil-based paints and stains are recommended. Water repellent coatings can be applied to improve the long-term surface appearance of Preserve® PLUS®. Left uncoated or with clear water repellent coatings, Preserve® PLUS® will initially weather to a natural brown color, eventually turning gray following long-term exposure to the sun. It is important to ensure that the wood is dry and free from surface deposits prior to applying any coating.
Nails, Fasteners and Fittings
For the best results, use of building-code approved, corrosion-resistant fasteners and connectors is always recommended.
Direct contact of Preserve treated wood with aluminum fasteners and fittings is not recommended.